General Terms and Conditions of Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment for City Tours
Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions if necessary. Bookings received prior to such an adjustment will be treated according to the T&Cs in effect at the time of booking. The contents of the website are created and managed with the greatest care. However, Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment assumes no liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the content.
The following general terms and conditions regulate the contractual relationship between the participant in a city or pub crawl tour and the contractor (Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment). For participation in tours, the rules, conditions of participation and tour are also valid and obligatory. Deviating general terms and conditions of the participant are not valid.
3. Participation, costs, terms of payment and binding bookings
3.1 Special conditions of participation regarding the measures to contain the spread of the corona virus SARS-CoV-2
If services/tickets related to the city tours from Betty BBQ are booked, regardless of the sales channel, the participants/bookers undertake to comply with the following obligations. If you do not comply with these, participation in the city tour/event will be refused, and the booker/participant will not be entitled to a refund. With regard to the measures, the measures below apply in principle, but can be suspended – i.e. no longer required. Which measures currently apply can be seen in the corresponding information under: Current information regarding the effects of the measures to contain the spread of the corona virus SARS-CoV-2 on the city tours from Betty BBQ.
Since April 3rd, 2022, the Corona Ordinance of the State of Baden-Württemberg no longer provides for any significant protective measures. Nevertheless, we ask that you observe our following hygiene concept and agree with the distance, mask and hygiene recommendations:
- Wherever possible, it is recommended to keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters to other people on our city tours (distance recommendation).
- We also recommend wearing a medical mask or a respirator (FFP2 or comparable; mask recommendation) wherever the distance recommendation cannot be observed.
- Furthermore, we ask – also in the spirit of responsible self-monitoring – to only take part in our city tours if the participants feel healthy and, in particular, do not have a fever and are responsible for maintaining hygiene (hygiene recommendation). Participation is only permitted if the participants feel healthy and, in particular, do not have a fever.
3.2. Other regulations
The prices published (in the case of public tours) or communicated (in the case of private/exclusive tours) at the time of the request apply.
All details mentioned by Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment as well as by the pre-sale partner (such as description of services, date, time, price) are only to be understood as an invitation to submit an offer. If the requester submits an offer to Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment or the advance sales partners on this basis, the following statements apply to the acceptance and binding nature of this offer.
Participation costs are to be paid in advance (bank transfer) for exclusive tours and are regulated and processed in more detail for public tours via ticket sales at the respective pre-sale partners. Tickets for public city tours, which are purchased in advance or as remaining tickets directly from Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment immediately before the city tour, are also due for payment immediately. A tour that has not yet been paid for is not booked and confirmed. Please note that in the case of exclusive/private tours, the booking and execution of the tour only becomes binding once the invoice amount has been credited to our account and the subsequent booking confirmation has been received from Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment. Only written booking confirmations from Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment are valid.
The fee does not include any travel expenses incurred by the participant or expenses for accommodation and meals.
Additional information for the Pub Crawl/Pub Crawl offered: For organizational and dramaturgical reasons , it is not permitted to purchase tickets for groups of more than 8 people from advance sales partners for the public Pub Crawl. If interested parties still want to take part in the public pub crawl tour with more than 8 people, the Betty BBQ office must be contacted beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible approval by Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment. Permission is at the discretion of Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment.
4. Implementation changes and obstacles
Betty BBQ is an artificial character who specifically wants to question social normality and open up pseudo-moral situations. This means that if Betty BBQ has the opportunity to express this message to a considerable extent in the media and publicly or to make preparations for this (e.g. participation in TV, radio and major events), the contractor reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the respective tour or event with Betty BBQ.
The contractor reserves the right to change the location and/or to change the time, to use another guide as a substitute, to change or cancel the city or pub crawl tour. The client cannot claim this.
Regarding force majeure, the following applies to an event change or cancellation:
- If the contractor is prevented from fulfilling the contract due to force majeure such as war, endemic disease, pandemic, severe flooding, fire, typhoon, storm and earthquake and all their effects, the deadline for fulfilling the contract is extended by the period in which the force majeure exists.
- “Force Majeure” means the occurrence of an event that prevents one of the Contractors, at least temporarily, from fulfilling one or more of the contractual obligations under the Contract, if and to the extent that it proves
- that this impediment is beyond their reasonable control,
- that the event was not reasonably foreseeable at the time the contract was concluded or could not be assumed otherwise,
- and that the effects of the impediment could not reasonably have been avoided or overcome by the contractor.
- The contractor will notify the client of the occurrence of force majeure and the suspension of the obligation to perform.
- If the prerequisites for the assumption of force majeure (paragraph 2) no longer apply, the contractor shall notify the client at least by email.
- With the consent of the contractor, the client can also convert his booking into a voucher to be redeemed at a later date (usually within one year). There is no entitlement to reimbursement.
If tours are canceled by the contractor on the basis of circumstances for which the contractor is responsible, these can be made up for at another date (in agreement with the client) or reimbursed at the discretion of the client/booker.
Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment also reserves the right to adjust the contingents (group sizes) of the tours.
If the number of participants falls below the minimum (four participants), the contractor reserves the right to postpone or cancel the respective tour.
In addition, the contractor reserves the right to exclude participants from the event during a city or pub crawl tour who violate the rules of conduct for the city and pub crawl tours ( our rules and terms and conditions of participation and tour ). In such a case, the participant has no right to compensation and will not be reimbursed for the expenses paid. Participants who cannot behave themselves and/or cause personal injury, damage to property, damage to public property or the like are also excluded. The Betty BBQ Guides reserve the right not to serve alcohol to participants who seriously endanger the course of the tour. Furthermore, Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment does not guarantee access to the respective location if participants are heavily intoxicated. The respective location exercises its domiciliary rights independently.
In addition to this, our rules and conditions of participation and tour apply to all participants in our city tours.
An excerpt from this:
- The tour leader/guides and the management reserve the right at any time Exclude participants who are drunk or who behave irresponsibly (e.g. insults, threats and physical attacks as well as causing a public nuisance) from the tour; a refund is excluded in this case. With regard to the drunkenness of participants concerned, the focus should not be on the degree of alcoholization, but on essential skills for smooth participation, these are, for example, the ability to orientate, walk and stand as well as the ability to speak and see (“being master of one’s body”). The decision as to whether the stated reasons for exclusion exist lies solely in the subjective assessment of the guide or the management. We can then no longer carry out the city tour for reasons of liability and domiciliary rights. Objections to these decisions can only be made to management and via email after the decision has been made.
- The tour leader/guides and the management reserve the right at any time to cancel and break off exclusively/privately booked city tours due to drunk or irresponsible participants, a refund is excluded. With regard to the drunkenness of participants concerned, the focus is not on the degree of alcoholization, but on essential skills for smooth participation, these are, for example, the ability to orientate, walk and stand as well as the ability to speak and see (“being master of one’s body”). The decision as to whether the stated reasons for exclusion exist lies solely in the subjective assessment of the guide or the management. We can then no longer carry out the city tour for reasons of liability and domiciliary rights. Objections to these decisions can only be made to management and via email after the decision has been made.
There are no further claims by the participant, in particular claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses (also cancellation fees for travel or hotel costs) in the event of changes or cancellation of a tour.
5. Data Storage
With these terms and conditions, the customer agrees to the storage of his collected data by Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment. The storage serves to fulfill mutual performance obligations, to keep a client file for accounting and statistical purposes and to inform the customer about new offers from Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment.
The customer also agrees that his data can be passed on to contractual partners as part of the tour processing (reservations, etc.).
The customer can revoke the consent to receive offers from Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment at any time. Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment undertakes not to pass on data to third parties. If the data is no longer required or if a customer revokes his consent after fulfilling all contractual obligations, Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment will delete them immediately.
The contractor selects professional and qualified guides for his tours. The organizer assumes no liability for personal injury, damage to property, damage to public property or the like. The participants are fully liable.
German law applies.
7. Voluntary Grant of Cancellation
In the case of exclusive/private tours, a cancellation with a refund is possible up to three months before the start of the tour, minus an administration fee of 5% of the tour price. After this period, cancellation with a refund of 50% of the tour price is possible up to six weeks before the start of the tour. A refund after that is excluded. Mediated services from third-party providers (e.g. photographers, strip shows, limousine rides, etc.) are generally excluded from reimbursement.
Tickets for the public tours cannot be canceled by the client/booker after booking. The tour is bindingly booked with the payment.
The reasons given in 3. for changes/cancellations of the events on the part of the contractor (Betty BBQ Travesty & Entertainment) do not apply to the client/booker and cannot be explained by them.
8. Declaration of Consent
By booking our services/products, you agree to the general terms and conditions and the rules for participation in city and pub tours as well as the data protection declaration of Betty BBQ Travestie & Entertainment . You also agree to the data protection declaration by contacting us and by processing pre-contractual processes. The current version can be viewed at www.betty-bbq.com
9. Jurisdiction, Miscellaneous
The place of jurisdiction is Freiburg im Breisgau.
German law applies exclusively. The contract remains binding in its remaining parts even if individual provisions are legally ineffective. This does not apply if adhering to the contract would represent unreasonable hardship for one party.