Betty BBQ presents: STOCKY’S BÄCHLE WALK
The Bächleputzer City Tour – with Stocky, the original Bächleputzer !
Freiburg has a lot to offer – and the Freiburg “Bächle” are certainly one of the biggest landmarks of the city in Breisgau. They are a world-renowned tourist attraction unique to the Southwest’s “Sun City”. It is undisputed: The Freiburger Bächle belong to Freiburg like the Minster and the Black Forest, without them no city tour and no travel guide can do.
The Freiburg Bächle as a historical irrigation and drainage system – an innovation from and in the Middle Ages – are the workplace of Alain, our real “Bächleputzer”, who is affectionately called “Stocky” by the people of Freiburg. As a Bächle cleaner , he keeps an eye on the many watercourses from the Middle Ages that run through the historic center of the Black Forest metropolis in Baden every day. The small canals are called “Bächle” in the Alemannic dialect – and Alemannic is also Stocky’s mother tongue.
During the Bächle walk with our Stocky , it will take you – mind you in its Alemannic dialect – on a walk through the old town of Freiburg along selected Bächle. He gives exclusive insights behind the scenes of the Bächle system and what is probably the oldest profession in the city in Breisgau, that of cleaning the Bächle.
Stocky is sure to have one or the other anecdote from his experiences from his everyday work – which sometimes makes you smile – as well as from many centuries of Bächle stories in his luggage!
And all this only exclusively in the city tour program of Freiburg’s “living sight”, Black Forest Drag Queen Betty BBQ. Have fun!
Known from TV and radio!
SWR television from March 16, 2022.
UNIQUE TOUR FOR TOURISTS AND LOCALS
On tour through Freiburg with the Bächleputzer
Stocky has a rare profession. He’s a brook cleaner.
And that only exists in Freiburg and there is an unusual city tour to go with it: the original Bächleputzer tour.
- Informative and interactive (enquiries allowed!) Bächle walk with the original Bächleputzer Stocky. The focus is on the Freiburg Bächle and the activities and profession of the Bächle cleaner.
- Guided by Stocky, the original Freiburg Bächleputzer!
- Duration of the tour around 90 minutes
- Participation from 0 years, from 0 to 18 years only when accompanied by a legal guardian/supervisor
- Graduated price structure according to age of participation: 0 to incl. 5 years, 6 up to and including 15 years and over 16 years
- Please note our rules for participating in city and pub crawls .
- For all city tours, please note our information about the corona virus .
- The Freiburger Bächle are subject to regular checks as well as maintenance and cleaning work, for which the central water supply can be changed or switched off. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the Bächle will have water on every event date.
- This city tour – in the exclusive as well as in the public execution – is always only led by Stocky.
- An attempt is made to arrange a meeting with Betty BBQ during the Bächleputzer City Tour, but this is usually not possible due to scheduling conflicts.
We would like to thank the wonderful Harry the draftsman for the great graphics and drawings provided for this city tour!
As a draftsman, Harry the draftsman offers the highest quality, whether as a quick draftsman or as a commissioned artist, on site at your place or in his drawing studio. Get to know him and his work: Website Harry the Draftsman .
Tickets for public tours can mainly be purchased through our presale partner Reservix. More information on this below. Tickets for public city tours can be purchased in advance up to 4 p.m. on the day of the event.
Inquiries for exclusive/private tours (e.g. for JGAs, company parties, group outings, birthdays and much more) can be made without obligation by contacting the Betty BBQ office (please write us exactly which tour(s) you are interested in, on what day and date, for what occasion and the number of people ). We will then be happy to make you an offer tailored to your needs.
The overview of frequently asked questions (FAQ) is always helpful.
Tickets for public tours mainly in advance through Reservix!
For dates and tickets just click on the button on the left.
Presale also at all Reservix advance booking offices , such as the Tourist Information of the city of Freiburg , the ticket service of the Badische Zeitung in Freiburg city center and the Reservix ticket hotline . A public city tour only takes place if it has already been booked in advance.
Do you want a performance guarantee? Then we recommend purchasing the tickets in advance.
The gift idea
for friends, family and colleagues: Whether for Christmas, Easter, birthday, bachelor party, anniversary, wedding or divorce – with a voucher for Betty BBQ City & pub tours you are always on the right track!
For vouchers just click on the button on the left.
Or are you looking for creative gifts? There we have something!
On selected days (mainly on Friday and Saturday afternoons in the summer when the weather is good), selected Betty BBQ products are also sold at the Betty BBQ Meeting Point (Franziskanerstraße 11, 79098 Freiburg) . Likewise, after the city tours with Betty BBQ, there is usually the opportunity to purchase selected Betty BBQ products directly on site.